Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care in Lewes, Delaware
At The Moorings at Lewes, we are fully committed to a wellness approach to living. Unlike other nursing homes in Delaware, the philosophy of care at our skilled nursing facility is focused on the wellness and enhancement of each individual resident’s abilities to ensure the highest quality of life possible.
As a resident of our nonprofit Health Center, you’ll receive top quality short-term rehabilitation services and long-term skilled nursing care in a comfortable, enriching environment. Therapists are available six days a week to provide physical, occupational and speech therapy, and our team takes pride in designing personalized care plans to meet each resident’s unique needs. Upon your arrival, the staff goes the extra mile to ensure you’re as comfortable as possible, taking care to learn your likes and dislikes, and will cater activities and programming to your specific needs.
Additionally, skilled nursing residents enjoy access to our wide variety of unique amenities, including aqua therapy in our indoor heated pool, outdoor dining by our butterfly garden or indoor dining in two restaurant-like dining rooms, walking trails, fitness center and more.
We have the following values and commitments to provide superior skilled nursing services to aging adults:
- To provide services that respect the inherent dignity of all who participate in our programs, regardless of circumstances.
- To create social environments that presume that residents are independent adults who bring skills and unique experiences to their participation in the community’s life.
- To encourage active social, cultural, intellectual and spiritual engagement of all participants in the community around them, to the extent of their capacities.
- To fully involve participants in decisions about their own lives, including when they are infirmed, as a way of fostering independence and the highest possible quality of life.
- To be flexible in adapting to individual needs.
Compassionate Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Services
The following skilled nursing and rehabilitation services are included in the monthly fee:
- 24/7 nursing care and services
- Private rooms
- Flexible dining options
- Physician services and on call 24 hours/day
- Medical Director
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Aqua therapy
- IV therapy
- Psychiatric services
- Psychological services
- Podiatry services
- Diagnostic/laboratory services
- Therapeutic recreational services
- Social services
- Hospice services
- Comfort care
- 24 hour on-site security
For more information about quality short- and long-term skilled care in Lewes, please contact us today.