What Are the Advantages of Living in a Senior Living Community?
Retirement is an exciting stage in your life. You have more time to go out and explore the world or to simply relax and enjoy each day as it comes. And there’s no better way to enjoy life to the fullest extent than by choosing to move to a senior living community.
Maybe you’re well-aware of senior living communities in your area, like Springpoint Life Plan Communities (also known as continuing care retirement communities), but you aren’t sure what they really offer. Senior living communities combine an independent lifestyle, hospitality and access to all levels of healthcare, all in one convenient location.
Making the move to a senior living community is an exciting choice to make, but you may be wondering — what are the benefits of making this move?
10 Benefits of Senior Living
- Enriching Opportunities to Improve Your Overall Health & Wellness – At The Moorings at Lewes, our comprehensive, award-winning senior wellness program, LivWell, goes far beyond traditional senior living activities like fitness classes and Bingo. Whether you love swimming or woodworking, want to walk a 5k or dance at your granddaughter’s wedding, LivWell offers high-quality activities that will hit the mark, with noticeable strides in wellness in all seven dimensions.
- No More Home Maintenance – Say goodbye to weekly housekeeping tasks, raking leaves and shoveling snow. Maintenance-free living means that caring staff takes care of maintenance and upkeep, so you can sit back and enjoy the things you love to do most.
- A Secure Financial Future – The Moorings at Lewes offers several financial plan options designed to meet your specific financial goals. All-inclusive pricing at a senior living community covers all your maintenance, housekeeping, utility and property tax costs and a multitude of unique conveniences and services. With one monthly check, you’ll enjoy predictable payments to simplify managing your expenses.
- Decreased Risk of Social Isolation – What better way to stay socially connected than to live in a community surrounded by your peers? With a variety of activities and amenities for you to spend your days with, you’ll have ample opportunities to spend time with neighbors who become close friends.
- Eased Concerns of Family Members – By moving to a senior living community, you’ll ease the worries of your children and other family members. With all levels of care in the place that you call home, your needs will be met now and in the future.
- Access to Quality Healthcare Offerings – You can rest easy knowing that should your health needs ever change, the level of supportive services you require can adjust to those needs in a Life Plan Communities. Life Plan Communities like The Moorings offer a true continuum of care, from independent living to assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care and rehabilitation.
- Boosted Independence – One of the most common fears older adults have about moving to a community is that their independence will be compromised. In leaving home maintenance to our team of caring professionals and with access to plenty of physical, social and recreational activities, you’ll feel more active and independent than ever before.
- Access to a Wide Variety of Services and Amenities -Think of the broader community as an extension of your personal living space. Senior living communities offer a variety of amenities including restaurant-style dining, fitness center, walking paths, art studios and more.
- Increased Safety and Security Measures -You deserve the feeling of security and safety in your home. We promote the safety, health and wellbeing of our community through safety and emergency policies and procedures, emergency power, emergency communications and a disaster preparedness plan.
- An Opportunity to Make a New Home -You’re not only making a move to ensure a plan for your future — you’re choosing a place to make your home. Truly enjoy the experience of the move and the ability to downsize to a home that suits your needs during your retirement years.
Discover the Best Community Living for Seniors at The Moorings at Lewes
More and more often, seniors are recognizing the many benefits of moving to The Moorings at Lewes. Don’t just take our word for it, though. Come see for yourself! We invite you to contact us today to schedule your personal tour (either virtual or in-person). While on your tour, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have and discuss our contract options available that will best suit your needs.
Want to learn more about the benefits of senior living? We invite you to download our FREE guide 10 Benefits of Senior Living at Springpoint!