Senior Living Security
Your safety and security should always come first. At The Moorings at Lewes, we want you to feel safe in your own home, so we offer security services for emergencies and to meet your health needs. We continually explore new reliable and effective ways to improve our plans, and we happily listen to the input of our residents. Below are just a few security offerings we provide for our residents’ peace of mind.
6 Security Precautions at The Moorings at Lewes
- Health Care Services. Because of our full suite of healthcare services, you’ll have no need to leave the campus for the best care. Our senior living care options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- Emergency Policies and Procedures. “Expect the unexpected” is a phrase we live by when it comes to security and emergency preparedness. To be fully prepared, every Springpoint community shares best practices and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Emergency Communications. In the event of an emergency, communication is critical. For the best possible outcome, we’ve put in place an entire emergency communication system including voice, text and email messages to share important information with staff, residents and families.
- Emergency Power. A heavy storm or other event can knock out power for an extended period, so in order to prevent that, we’ve increased our onsite power with generators. In addition, we have advanced arrangements for fuel supplies and backup generators in the event of an outage, allowing us to keep the community up and running.
- Disaster Preparedness. At The Moorings at Lewes, we have a detailed action plan in place for your security in the event of a disaster. We also revisit and update our procedures regularly and update our residents and their families so you can have confidence in your safety.
- COVID-19 Policies. While it’s true that we’re in the midst of a very challenging time, we at The Moorings at Lewes—both staff and residents—are a family pulling together, steadfast in our desire to see this through with kindness and compassion. While our residents follow the stay-at-home rules, they are still experiencing the love, care, and support of community life. We are so grateful to all our onsite healthcare heroes as well as all our team members who jump in to help whenever and wherever needed. Determined to make the best of a trying time, our wonderful residents telephone to check in on neighbors and spread positivity to the staff and each other in ways big and small. While keeping a safe distance, a group of our talented community seamstresses and cutters produced colorful cloth masks for any residents who wanted one.
Find Safety and Security with The Moorings at Lewes
We have our residents’ best interests in mind and are proud of the reaction we’ve received. Resident Ron Gerber and his wife moved to The Moorings at Lewes because they fell in love with the area and knew they’d need quality healthcare later. They shared, “Being here provides a sense of security and we had that security as soon as we moved in. My experience living here has been a good one. I have no plans to go anywhere else. This is home; it’s the right place for me.”
Contact our team today if you have any questions or would like to learn more. We’ll even schedule a virtual tour with you so you can get a glimpse of our community from the comfort of your own home.